Using Your Characters’ Emotional Wounds for Character Development
Develop your characters and create backstory using emotional wounds and inner conflicts.
What motivates your character?
What are the traumas that might be inspiring them to take certain actions?
Learn how to determine what wounds make sense for your characters and your story. Raise the stakes in your story by knowing the triggers that will push your characters forward.
Presented by Deb Bailey for Savvy Authors
Register here (registration ends Wed, Nov. 8th: https://savvyauthors.com/community/classes/using-your-characters-emotional-wounds-for-character-development-with-deb-bailey.2077/
Second Chance Romance
Second chance romance is a popular trope that covers a lot of situations. A chance to make up after a split. A second chance at love for “older” heroines. Another chance for love after heartbreak or trauma. Second chances come in many forms and readers love to experience them. Learn how to build your character’s backstory and make their second chance extra satisfying for your readers.
- What kind of second chance does your character desire?
- Determining the risks and rewards for your characters.
- Healing from trauma and loss – identifying the obstacles to love
- Building a backstory – why is your character in this situation?
- Make the reader care – how they can become invested in your character’s journey
Presented by Deb Bailey for the Aged to Perfection Seasoned Romance Group of RWA