How to Maintain Romantic Conflict
Class dates: 9/25 to 10/9
Without conflict there is no story. Your characters have to grow and they have to be challenged. They fall in love, break up and make up until the HEA or HFN. How do you keep the tension and conflict as they go through their story arc? What keeps them going and what conflicts do they have to work through?
In this class we’ll cover how to keep the story (and the romance) going as their emotions rise and fall – and rise again.
1. Who are your hero/heroine and what are they searching for?
2. You’ve brought them together, but what is the thing that drives them apart?
3. Are they really perfect together? How to determine what they need to do to make their relationship work
4. Fitting the romance into the overall story if you’re only including romantic elements
5. How to let go and let your characters be themselves. It’s okay if they don’t always get along.
6. Conflict isn’t just about having disagreements. What do their needs contrast and where are they similar?
7. How to keep the tension going. Just because they’re committed doesn’t mean the relationship has to be boring.
Presented by Deborah Bailey
Register by September 18th and save $5, use code ROMANTICBAILEY2023 at checkout!