This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Kirsten Weiss will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour.
Description of The Mysteries of Tarot
The Mysteries of Tarot: A Work of the Imagination
How to Read the Cards for Transformation
When Tarot reader Hyperion Night sent his manuscript, The Mysteries of Tarot, to a friend to edit, it was a simple guide to reading Tarot. Hyperion couldn’t anticipate that his editor’s notes would evolve into a murder mystery, or that his friend would go missing. Shockingly, the annotated manuscript eventually made its way back to Hyperion, who forwarded it to the authorities.
Now this astonishing Tarot guide is available as a book. The Tarot guidebook features:
- Tarot basics―How to manage different interpretations of cards in a spread, how to read court cards, and a clear and simple method for dealing with reversals.
- Detailed card breakdowns― Keywords, flash non-fiction narratives, and a deep dive into the symbols of each of the 78 cards of the Major Arcana and Minor Arcana.
- Questions to apply to the cards for transforming your life―Insightful questions for each card to help you dig deeper into your Tarot reading practice.
Bonus feature: the guidebook also includes his editor’s comments on the more esoteric and philosophical interpretations of the Tarot, as well as his notes on the baffling mystery that engulfed him.
Gain deep insight from the cards, transform yourself, and solve The Mysteries of Tarot with this work of experimental fiction that’s part Tarot guidebook, part murder mystery.
Read an Excerpt of The Mysteries of Tarot
Messages from the unconscious. Mystery. Confusion. Dreams. Illusion.
Last night, I dreamt of a departed aunt I’d had a contentious relationship with. She walked down the hallway of my apartment and sat beside me in the living room.
Suddenly I remembered she was dead and understood I was dreaming. But instead of the dream ending, like it usually does when I become aware, we talked—the kind of talk we’d never been able to have when she was alive. She apologized for some things she’d said and done and helped me understand why she’d said and done them. And her reasons weren’t awful. They made a lot of sense.
I apologized too, because I hadn’t been innocent in the turn our relationship had taken. We forgave each other. I woke up feeling lighter. Free.
I’m still not sure if it was “only” a lucid dream or a visitation from my relative. I don’t know if it matters. It was all very lunar, very moonlike. And not just because the Moon card can represent dreams. Moons with their waxing and waning also represents illusion and confusion, messages from the subconscious crawling up out of the muck like that lobster creeping from the water in the card. A dog and a wolf, representing the refined conscious and the more primitive subconscious, howl at the moon’s light.
And all of those things had been at play in my life. I’d created a false—or at least incomplete—story in my mind of the cause of my estrangement from my relative (illusion/confusion). But the truth bubbled up from my subconscious in last night’s dream. If it hadn’t, I’d still be carrying that burden.
What Does This Card Mean for You?
When the Moon card appears in a Tarot reading, it suggests we may not be seeing things clearly. But the truth is out there — or in there, as the case may be.
How can you bring your subconscious impulses or knowledge into conscious light? The road between the two towers in the card is long, dark, and winding. Have patience. Be brave.
Notes: The Moon
44 As to The Moon, I feel like I’m swimming in it. At first my father’s death seemed like an accident, a fall from the balcony outside his bedroom. He’s been drinking more than usual lately. But the servants swear he wasn’t drinking that night. And the balcony railing is low. He could have fallen by accident.
I keep replaying our last conversation. Had he been thinking then of taking his own life? Was that why he’d come to see me? Because he knew I’d been a failure when I’d tried my hand at self-deletion? Maybe he wanted me to talk him out of it?
I don’t understand. But I’ll try to keep up with the daily edits, where I feel I have something to add. I need to keep my mind busy. -T
Guest Post: Embracing the Enigmatic: Why I Love Working with Tarot
I bought my first Tarot deck in college, and I remember it being very pink and very confusing. Later, I acquired a more classic deck, the Rider-Waite-Smith, and I’ve never looked back. Now I’ve got a ridiculous number of decks I enjoy merely for the lovely art, and a couple decks that I use to actually read with.
Today, the enigmatic world of Tarot is an integral part of my life and creative journey. So, grab a cup of tea, sit back, and allow me to unveil the reasons why working with Tarot holds such a special place in my heart.
- A Gateway to Intuition: Tarot is a powerful tool that unlocks the door to our intuition, inviting us to tap into our inner wisdom and unlock hidden truths. With each shuffle and spread, the cards can become a conduit for self-reflection, offering insights into our thoughts, emotions, and desires. As an author, I’ve used this intuitive exploration to fuel my creativity, uncovering unique perspectives and uncharted territories for my characters to venture into. The Tarot has sometimes served as a guide, leading me to unexpected plot twists and inspiring storylines that I would have never conceived otherwise.
- Symbolism and Archetypes: The Tarot deck is a treasure trove of symbols, archetypes, and rich imagery. Each card carries a distinct energy, evoking emotions and unraveling narratives. This abundant tapestry of symbolism offers endless possibilities for storytelling. As I dive into the world of Tarot, I find myself drawn to the archetypal characters that emerge from the cards, breathing life into my narratives. The Fool’s journey, the enigmatic High Priestess, or the transformative Death card—they all inspire me to infuse my characters with depth and complexity, making their journeys more compelling and relatable.
- Unveiling the Human Condition: At its core, Tarot mirrors the human condition, illuminating the myriad of experiences we encounter throughout our lives. It reflects our joys, struggles, hopes, and fears with astonishing accuracy. Working with Tarot allows me to delve into the depths of human nature, unraveling the complexities of emotions and motivations—both my own and my characters’.
- Encountering Mystery and Magic: When you sit down to a Tarot reading, you’re shifting outside the ordinary world. Tarot is strange and beautiful, a gateway to mystery. It invites us to explore the uncharted territories of the mind, the spirit, and the universe. The cards allow us to step outside ourselves and see our lives from a different perspective… And hopefully, come up with some solutions.
With a Tarot deck, I’ve discovered a source of inspiration, guidance, and profound wisdom. Its interplay of intuition, symbolism, and the human experience helps me to think more creatively about my life and work. My upcoming book, The Mysteries of Tarot, combines the allure of a murder mystery with the profound wisdom of the Tarot. I hope to share this captivating journey with readers who are equally fascinated by Tarot’s enigmatic allure.
About Author Kirsten Weiss
Kirsten Weiss writes laugh-out-loud, page-turning mysteries, and now a Tarot guidebook that’s a work of experimental fiction. Her heroes and heroines aren’t perfect, but they’re smart, they struggle, and they succeed. Kirsten writes in a house high on a hill in the Colorado woods and occasionally ventures out for wine and chocolate. Or for a visit to the local pie shop.
Kirsten is best known for her Wits’ End, Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum, and Tea & Tarot cozy mystery books. So if you like funny, action-packed mysteries with complicated heroines, just turn the page…
You can find Kirsten at KirstenWeiss.com
Buy links – The Mysteries of Tarot:
Apple Books: https://books.apple.com/us/book/id6447194167
Author Website: https://bit.ly/tarotmysteries
Kirsten Weiss will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.